Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Christmas Carol





My mom and I took the two oldest girls to see A Christmas Carol at Drury Lane Theater. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, and anyone who grew up in the Chicago area likely had a field trip to Drury Lane at some point during their school years. I was struck by what a neat theater it is, I guess it's one of those things that happens when you remember a place from your childhood mind's eye and then re-experience it as an adult. The girls enjoyed the play very much. Alyssa had recently seen the play for a field trip with her school and said the Drury Lane play had more fancy language used in it, she also loved the women's costumes. Emma liked when the Ghost of Christmas Past came "flying" onto the stage on the moon, and she was very concerned about Tiny Tim.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun! The girls look beautiful all dressed up.