Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Books

The day after Thanksgiving I usually take out all our Christmas stories and we try to read a couple of them each night between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is one of my favorite traditions, and we have come to love so many great Christmas books!

61j9sOOgZfL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_
A wonderful new book we discovered last year is The Paper Bag Christmas. I bought it simply because it was on the sale shelf at the book store, and it is definitely going back into the line up of Christmas books to read this season and every season after for as long as my girls will listen to it ~ it's so good!
IMG_3959
The books shown here are: Have You Seen Christmas?, A Gift From St. Nicholas, The Legend of the Candy Cane, The King's Christmas List, The Christmas List, A Special Place for Santa, The Three Gifts of Christmas, and The Christmas Bell. These are some of our favorites and I believe all are available on amazon.
IMG_3960
Our girls are old enough now to read the story of Jesus' birth right from the Bible and understand, but when they were younger they loved reading the story from nativity books like these. The girls still enjoy the nativity adventure What God Wants for Christmas that is pictured in the middle.

I am sure the girls could remind me of several other good books that I have missed here, but if you are looking for any good Christmas read alouds that kids are sure to enjoy, we recommend any of these!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I will have to look for some of these on Amazon! We love reading Christmas books right after Thanksgiving too!

Michelle said...

Love the book you recommended!!

jessica said...

I am glad you liked it, Michelle. I am thinking you are talking about A Paper Bag Christmas?! Such a sweet and wonderful message, we fell in love the book from the day we started reading it...every chapter left the girls wanting to read more!

Michelle said...

yes, that's the one :)